Saturday, January 28, 2012

E-mail Part 2: Monolith

This post is a follow up to my interaction with Jason from Monolith Management who was sending us spam e-mails to get us to hire their "big time" management company.   If you didn't read the first exchange read it here.  It's funny and you'll like it:  http://guttercalypso.blogspot.com/2012/01/e-mails.html

Here is Jason's response to my e-mail.  It's a pretty nasty response:


First of all, your the one ranting about butt sex you fucking faggot. Im not here to waste time, like you've clearly done in your previous e-mail. I hope you realize that your band will never get anywhere with your mind set. I hope you all end up face down in the fucking street where you belong.
Your so called band name is a joke, yet very reflective of your age. Im ashamed that you even got an e-mail from our company.

In closing, I wish that I could meet you in person and bash your fucking head in.

Quit sucking each others dicks and do something worth while.
I wasn't going to post his e-mail address, but because he decided to reveal himself as a violent homophobe here it is.  Feel free to scold him for his rampant homophobia:  jason@monolithmgmt.com

Here's his Facebook page, looks like a real winner to me:  https://www.facebook.com/JasonDstandardtime
Jason Dempsey:  Super cool tough guy and band "manager."

Anyways here is my immature response to his hate filled e-mail:

Hey Jason!I'm sorry that you are ashamed about the e-mail you sent me before, but don't let our rejection get you down.  There's no reason to resort to homophobia and violent threats to voice your frustration.  What would your mother think?  Don't worry Jason, I won't tell when she comes over this week to watch Sleepless in Seattle.  (By the way does your mom prefer waffles or pancakes for breakfast; I'm great at making both). 
Keep trying and I'm sure someday you will be a real manager.  Feel free to use our band as a source of inspiration!  I'm going to go ahead and send you a signed photo of us for you to hang in your office (or on the ceiling above your bed, whatever).  Whenever you're feeling down you can look at it and think about how a down-on-their-luck band like us worked their way to the point where they were turning away scam rip off "management" companies without batting an eye.   
I agree with you about the importance of not wasting time.  We only live once and it's important to live everyday to its fullest.  I'm glad you're getting your priorities straight.  Which reminds me, I couldn't help but notice that you seem to have some difficulties knowing when to use apostrophes in your contractions.  So, I decided to be a buddy and link you to this helpful cartoon that will teach you when to use apostrophes.  You're going to need it when you become a manager:   http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe  
In closing, if we do meet in person and you decide to "bash my head in", I kindly request that you not hit me in the face.  That's how I bring home the bacon.  I'm sure you would prefer focusing on my body anyways. 
XOXO
Ostrich
Johnny Cakes and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypso

I don't know if he is going to write back, but I will post it if he does.

8 comments:

  1. This is the type of band that Jacksonville is missing. Please visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, we are originally from Jacksonville, but it's been a while since we've been back. Once we release our new album we will be up there!

      Delete
  2. Cool.. we'll be there and will bring a crowd. Let me know if you need any promotions.. I'm starting a promotions company and.... oh wait you're too smart for that :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!! We just got an email from these guys & I was researching them when I came across your site (and several others saying the same thing - stay away). Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that one of our employees said things like this. It's a good thing that we fired him. I sincerely apologize for his extremely unprofessional remarks.

    Thank you for reminding me of why he no longer works for us.

    If this ever happens again (to anyone for that matter), please email me or call me directly on my cell below, and I'll fire their ass in a second.

    Chris Kilbourn
    CEO of Monolith Management
    801.867.9021
    chris@monolithmanagement.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chris, although I still think your management company looks like it's designed to take advantage of young and inexperienced bands, I'm glad you decided to fire a violent homophobe from your staff. I hope your actual business model is better than the "spam bands you've never heard of and tell them they are great" approach that good ole Jason was using. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I just got this generic email. I love how "personal" it is:

    Hey,

    Did you get my last email?
    Sorry, but this is the last time I'm going to be able to reach out to you.
    Get back to me.

    Thanks,

    Troy Bliefert
    A&R Representative
    Monolith Management
    530.227.8198
    troy.bliefert@monolithmanagement.com
    www.monolithmanagement.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see they are still at it. I guess that approach must work on somebody...

    ReplyDelete